TAXES: Bullock Fights for Montana's Small Businesses While Gianforte Fights For Himself
HELENA -- At a time when Montana's economy is thriving, and more Montanans are working than ever before in our state's history, today Steve Bullock is rolling out a jobs plan that cuts taxes for new small businesses and further strengthens our economy. This plan stands in stark contrast to New Jersey multimillionaire Greg Gianforte's 406 plan which gives tax breaks to millionaires like himself and big out-of-state corporations, all at the expense of Montana's balanced budget and fiscal prudence.
Take a look:
Out of state corporations vs. Small Businesses
- Gianforte's plan gives tax breaks to big out-of-state corporations.
- Bullock's plan focuses on giving tax breaks to new and expanding small businesses based in Montana.
Millionaires like Gianforte vs. Working Families
- Gianforte's tax plan mostly benefits the wealthy like himself.
- Bullock's tax plan focuses on ensuring good-paying jobs for Montana's working families.
- Gianforte's plan does nothing to support Montana's veterans.
- Bullock's plan gives a tax break to MT businesses that hire MT veterans.
- Gianforte's plan would drain the rainy day fund and turn our budget surplus into a deficit.
- Bullock's plan protects our rainy day fund and our state's status as the most fiscally prudent state in the country.