Sitting Judge Fagg Continued to Operate Shadow Campaign With Several Events in Last Week
Helena – Sitting Judge Russell Fagg continued his shadow campaign for U.S. Senate last week, appearing at several popular events around Montana to talk with voters.
Over the last few days he was at the Lewistown Chokecherry Festival, a GOP pig roast in Billings, and at the annual sheep drive in Reed Point.
Have a look at this photo and try to tell yourself he’s not campaigning for office:
“Does anyone still buy the idea that Judge Russell Fagg is still exploring?” said Chris Meagher, spokesman for the Montana Democratic Party. “He’s outright campaigning for office, deceiving taxpayers who pay his judicial salary and voters who are trying to figure out who they might support in this messy GOP primary.”
Remember, Fagg himself said in January that he “cannot ethically campaign for the seat while serving as a judge. According to Fagg, he would need to resign from the bench in order to campaign ethically.”
- He has a website full of policy statements
- He’s hired a campaign manager
- He’s traveling to Washington
- He’s bashing his fellow GOP candidates in news stories
- He’s distributing glossy campaign literature
- He’s showing up at political party conventions to introduce himself to people
- He’s holding fundraisers