Hey Greg Gianforte – Actions Speak Louder Than Words
Helena – Last night, in the middle of the NBA Finals on the night before one of the biggest hearings in Washington in years – and two full weeks after he assaulted another man – New Jersey multimillionaire and alleged criminal Greg Gianforte decided it was time to apologize to his victim.
In his note, Gianforte admitted he broke the law.
His note also left a lot of unanswered questions, as it doesn’t really answer for a lot of his actions. Actions speak louder than words, Mr. Gianforte, which is why we look forward to you addressing these questions.
- What actually happened that evening?
- Why did your campaign initially lie about what happened that evening?
- If your spokesman released that statement without your permission, why is he still working for you?
- If, as a candidate for office, you “should be held to a high standard,” why did it take you two full weeks to apologize to the victim?
- Did you write the apology, or did your attorneys?
- Is the $50,000 coming from your campaign bank account or your personal bank account?
- Why haven’t you apologized to your victim in person, only in the letter?
- If you truly value journalism like you say you do, why did you initially send your letter to national media, and not local media?
- If you truly understand the critical role that journalists and the media play in our society, why do you continue to deny interview requests? As congressman-elect,you have only granted ONE interview since Election Day.
- If you truly understand the critical role that journalists and the media play in our society, why haven’t you condemned the tone and tenor of many of your supporters toward the media?
- If you truly understand the critical role that journalists and the media play in our society, why did you originally vilify your victim, calling him a “liberal journalist.”
Oh, and one more, which if you would’ve just answered in the first place, you wouldn’t be in this situation:
- What do you think about the CBO score of the dangerous healthcare bill?