Gianfore Brings Anti-Public Lands Rick Perry to Montana
Today New Jersey multimillionaire Greg Gianforte is campaigning with anti-public lands Texas Governor Rick Perry.
In a Fox News interview, Rick Perry said, "The federal government already owns too much land." He also called for the federal government, and by extension the BLM, to "divest itself of a huge amount of this landholdings that it has across the country."
- Gianforte sued the state to block stream access near his property
- Gianforte said federal lands transfer is not attainable "at this time," leaving the door open for it to be transferred at a later date.
- Gianforte donated to Foundation for Research on the Economy and the Environment (FREE), Americans for Prosperity and the Heritage Foundation that have fought to privatize national forests and sell off our public lands to the highest bidder.
- Gianforte gave the Property and Environment Research Center (PERC), $1,000 as recently as 2014 and touts the organization on his foundation's website. PERC works to undo Montana's Stream Access laws:
- In 2012, PERC filed an amicus brief against a sportsmen group and Madison County over access to Ruby River, near Sheridan, from a bridge on the property of billionaire James Cox Kennedy.
- In 2014, PERC attacked Montana's Supreme Court decision to uphold the constitutionally protected right of public access to waterways.