New Ad Calls out Congressman Steve Daines for Being “Tough on Veterans”
Daines Fails to Stand up for Montana Veterans and Their Families
(Helena, MT) – The national veterans organization VoteVets today launched a new ad against Congressman Steve Daines for opposing policies that would help service members and their families.
The ad, featuring a mother of nine - six of whom are Marines – is the latest effort to hold Congressman Daines accountable for his harmful votes – specifically against raising pay for active duty troops and reserves and improving veterans’ health services.
Daines' anti-veteran record does not stop there.
- Daines voted against increasing pay for 1,361,400 active-duty troops and 833,700 reserves. (Vote; Source, House Appropriations Committee)
- Daines voted against military programs aimed at providing care for our troops, their families and veterans and suicide prevention. (Vote; Source, House Appropriations Committee)
- Daines voted against funding improvements for VA medical services including health programs for rural veterans and mental health care services. (Vote; Source, House Appropriations Committee)
- Daines twice voted against initiatives that would have ended the backlog in disability compensation claims. (Vote,Vote; Source, House Appropriations Committee)
- Daines voted against programs that work to prevent sexual assault and help provide legal counsel for sexual assault victims. (Vote; Source, Washington Post)
- Daines voted to cut food benefits to 170,000 veterans and their families. (Vote; Source, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities)
- Daines was unwilling to suspend his salary in order to prevent cuts to veteran benefits. (Vote; Source, CQ)