Chairman Essmann throws gas on the GOP infighting fire
This weekend the Helena Independent Record reported that several Montana Republican leaders are "skewering" their own colleagues, and now it seems the newly elected GOP Chairman, Jeff Essmann, is making the situation worse.
On Monday, the Bozeman Daily Chronicle reported that Essmann's effort to solicit Republicans for ways to attack Governor Bullock's administration has backfired badly. Some Republican's immediately responded to Essmann, calling his solicitation "embarrassing" that it showed "inept leadership" and marked "a sad day for Montana Republicans."
"Chairman Essman sure knows how to make a bad situation worse," said Nancy Keenan, Executive Director of the Montana Democratic Party. "Aside from the fact that the Montana GOP is clearly struggling to find ways to attack Bullock's accomplished record as Governor, their party is melting down under Essmann's watch."
While Essmann tries to mine an empty minefield for attacks on Bullock, Democrats will continue working to ensure greater economic success for all Montanans. Under Governor Steve Bullock:
- Montana is ranked most fiscally prudent state [Missoulian, 6/27/14]
- Montana's unemployment rate is the 9th lowest in the country. [Flathead Beacon, 6/19/15]
- Montana is 6th in the nation in terms of business tax climate [Missoulian, 10/29/14]
- Montana has been named the top state for entrepreneurship [Missoulian, 6/17/15]
- Montana personal income growth is among the fastest in the country [BEA Report, 6/22/15; KGVO, 6/19/15]